Join the Discussion:

Price increase of approx 500%!!

Priceplans increase of approx 500% within april 2014 and febr 2016. Is Webydo only for the happy few in the future? Free Plan is gone, Pro is now $90/ mo ( $17 in 2014), Team $180/mo ($35) and Agency an astonishing $480 ($85) billed per month!! Is Webydo kicking their customers away? My current plan will stay the same, untill it ends and then.... ??
Sorry, Webydo is gonna loosing me.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andries KuipersAndries Kuipers shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • George LarricusGeorge Larricus commented  · 

Well said @Ginny. Most smaller web designer whose client base are small businesses. We can't afford the webydo new price hike. :(

webydo keeps saying 'we are better off and saving a LOT of money' by switching over to the new pricing structure. hmmmm... not true. Let's say we have 11 customers - see, we shouldn't be paying the Team plan, nor the Pro plan suits. You know what I mean. Bring back the OLD plan!!!

• AlanaAdminAlana (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  · 

Hello Ginny,

Thank you for your feedback. I have let your customer success manager know as well so that he can contact you and help you understand the new pricing structure better.

For the TEAM plan even, you would be saving A LOT of money by switching over to the new structure. Especially if you are almost at capacity. In addition, if you feel as though it's too much up front. You can always choose our monthly payment options.

But of course, the choice is always yours.

Alana
        The Webydo Team

• GinnyGinny commented  · 

I love webydo but it disappoints me to see the new pricing. I was considering upgrading to the Agency at some point as we are getting more people interested in our services and may have needed the template feature provided. The hosting fees being included doesn't help matters as it's much easier to charge the hosting seperately and save money on the intial investment.

If this was not a way to earn money off a price hike, it should have been done with two options. Monthly cost and charge per hosting OR the upfront charges. I had looked into competitors to use in conjuction with webydo depending on customer needs but now they are looking more promising even with their higher hosting fees. I hate saying that because it's been a great platform for my partner but I cannot justify the increased cost after we hit capacity.

Our focus is the small business that doesn't have a lot of money to spend on design and this was a way for us to lower the cost for them by decreasing my time coding sites but not creating junk html like some DIY builders out there. Webydo's old prices fit perfectly for that growing business model.

• AdrianAdrian commented  · 

Hello Alana,

Thanks your feedback, 'We created Webydo so that you no longer need to hire the programmers to create the sites, but can instead design the site and publish. Webydo writes that code for you.' Yes, that is quite obvious which is why I joined in the first place as probably most did. The point being, especially over in the UK, that your revised rates will exceed the amount I can pay WordPress site programmers additionally using them will increase my profit margin and not have to deal with software that isn't particularly robust. I agree with George below, Webydo has great potential, but there are many flaws at the moment and the biggest is yet to come regarding value for money.

@Adrian, spot on. It appears webydo is neither targeting smaller web designers like ourselves nor end-users with their pricing plans in my opinion. But it's their decision, their platform. They can charge whatever price they like and they don't even need to listen to our feedback. Time will tell how they will perform.
        On the other note though, webydo do have a great potential, very innovative - I applause. me (and many other web-designers) are keeping our interest open.

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your comments.

We created Webydo so that you no longer need to hire the programmers to create the sites, but can instead design the site and publish. Webydo writes that code for you.
        We are constantly making improvements, and adding in new features.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

• AdrianAdrian commented  · 

I am somewhat perplexed by justifications such as this:

'I do not see it as a price hike.
        Instead of paying $60 a site each time you want to connect a domain, it's now included.

Actually if you plan on building a lot of sites with Webydo it comes out cheaper ...

Rafi'

But supposing the vast majority of my clients have a hosting deal elsewhere already? Also, Webydo is very much an interim package allegedly for design pros (me) who select using this route to offer smaller clients greater value for sites. When dealing with larger clients I employ programmers either to go bespoke or adapt a Wordpress theme. What is also apparent is this software whilst in its infancy is far from perfect and can be unpredictable and erratic. It is not of the same intuitive nature of say Adobe products, these obviously do a different job but the p/mnth rental is much lower than Webydo. The whole thing wreaks of contempt and disregard for users. Steven's comments below are bang on! It's very disappointing.

• StevenSteven commented  · 

Interesting reading. Many valuable comments both from users and provider. Price is everything! right price gets the right audience. Am I wrong to say Webydo is not interested in budget price market? if so, we know what to do. How do you compare to open source platform like wordpress? most nice wordpress theme are free, hosting is reasonable price - $7-10 a month with unlimited site hosting. Even you charge the end user $500 set up and $39 monthly fee. It's good right? now compared that to webydo - do the maths.

• L BauerL Bauer commented  · 

Thanks - I´m looking forward to that.

Hello,

We received your email and I passed it on to our account managers. They will contact you shortly.

Alana
        The Webydo Team
        Support & Training Manager

@Alana,
        I´ve contacted support yesterday, but other than an automated reply, nothing happens.
        What should I expect in terms of time to get back to me?
        I´d really like to get your input, so I can make a decision and get started on my website.
        Thanks.

Hello George,

The reason that they offer plans for one sites, are because they are a DIY solution for an end user.
        We are a business platform for web designers. Not for DIY or end users.

We actually got rid of our older plans like that, because our customers did not like the pay as you go method, in fact the new pricing structure makes it much cheaper than the old plans for building more than 10 websites.

I'm sorry that you do not like the new structure, I hope you find a solution that suits all of your needs.

Alana
        The Webydo Team

comparing webydo to wix.com for example. Wix unlimited plan for $12 per month per site (charged per site) wix have more templates. this is extractive to developer! pay for what we need and grow the business as we grow our client base. if webydo have similar pricing plan you will attract many developers and web designers. don't you think?

Glad to hear that webydo is listening to feedback. can't wait to see what other plans you have to offer. Not just below the Pro plan as a starter plan. But I prefer to see similar to the old plans paying for the webydo service plus hosting for each site as needed - bring that back and I'm sure you will have more and happy developer customers :))

Thanks, please check your mail.

L Bauer,

Would you like me to have one of our account managers give you a call?
        They can go over with you all the options to find the best solution for you.

If so, send me an email at support@webydo.com with your phone number and I can have someone get in contact with you.

Alana
        The Webydo Team

Thanks for clarifying.

One (I hope) last question:
        If I purchase the PRO plan, can I then export my site to host it elsewhere?
        Or do I need a bigger plan to do that?

Like I said; The builder itself seems awesome - but since I will only use it to create a site that I have more or less ready to finish, and since I don´t sell web design services, it would be overkill for me to pay 90$ (or 75) pr month for what will more or less just be hosting and the ability to make smaller changes and updates here and there.

I would have no problem paying a premium for an editor that makes my life easier. And I wouldn´t even mind paying 50% more than the alternatives, if your editor is as good as it seems.
        However, I still need to think about finances and weigh my alternatives.

Perhaps this can be useful input to you when making your decision on your thoughts about another plan below the PRO plan - my guess is I am not the only design savvy client out there who would benefit from your services without actually needing the full agency/we designer package.

Please let me know.
        Thanks.

At this time, we do not offer a One Site plan nor plan on adding it back in.

Webydo is built to be a business solution for web designers. We want to be able to give those businesses as much support and of our attention as possible. Since we are not a DIY solution and we are not looking for end users, we decided to get rid of the One Site plan all together.

We are however looking into possibly adding another plan, below the PRO so that users who are new to web design can start off smaller than 10 sites. But nothing has been decided yet, we will post it as soon as anything does.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Alana
        The Webydo Team

Hi Alana,

Thanks for your reply. That´s appreciated :)
        So, do I understand it correctly, if I conclude that you will NOT offer a "one website" plan again?

And if so: If I want to work with Webydo, I could then try to contact a Webydo client and pay for the service thru them instead?

I understand if you want to not have ppl like me as a client. Totally fair and your choice.
        What I don´t quite get, is why you - from a business perspective - wouldn´t want to HAVE clients like me? (Or rather; make it attractive for clients like myself).

Please let me know if a 1 site plan is possible or not - and if not, I´ll find another solution for my business. Thanks :)

Hello L Bauer,

We are actively listening, and we are here to help you.

The reason I have no replied, is because this is a forum for customers or potential customers.
        I wanted to let you speak to other people, instead of me intervening at each post.

You are also correct, Webydo is not a DIY solution. We provide a business solution for professional web designers.

Alana
        The Webydo Team

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base