Join the Discussion:

Custom code, mods, widgets, resources that we don't have to pay for!?

First of all, I'd like to request that the moderator add the customizations currently located in their webydo templates - at the very least. Please support what you brand as your own. Not only should these be available to us but it should also be manageable within the webydo platform. Meaning we should be able to see the code and modify it?

Further more, as far as I know, there are currently no resources provided by webydo for 3rd party widgets or code so lets make our own! I'm very interested in what others are accomplishing as far as custom additions. Please share your work!!

Personally, I'm currently working on and looking for ideas on a functional testimonial slider for example? Haven't found one I'm happy within the platform. I'm also looking for very standard features such as video embed, video buttons, pop up banners, and PLEASE add basic media library functionality so that we can examine template graphics and modify them!?

Thanks everyone,
-Aaron

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good workaround, thanks for the tip. Now if the html and iframe elements only had full width capability : |

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Aaron,

I'm kind of in the same boat you're in, for custom programming or 3rd party applications what I've done for a work around in the past is purchase a seperate hosting and domain, uploaded all my scripts, plugins, application on there then just called them out to whichever clients site I wanted either in the header or using the <html script> or <iframe>.

Webydo would be so much better it they just gave us access to one public folder in FTP. Unless it's a informational website I still typically create my Clients website on Wordpress for these reasons.

• AdminMichael (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Aaron,

You may want to also check out the Webydo Professionals Facebook page.
    That is one of the places people post and share different 3rd party widgets that they find.

Here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1641717262739664/?ref=br_rs

You can also always contact your account manager, and they will help you find what you need.
    Support@webydo.com is the best way to get in contact.

Alana
    The Webydo Team

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The primary reason I started this thread is to collect resources of elements we can use in the webydo platform outside of the platform. 3rd party customizations and modifications etc... I know the templates are editable but I'd like to see the code on the customizations so we can use custom elements in any template or website we make? Make sense...

Also I am aware of the widgets on the design panel, but I'm not very happy about having to pay additional for them.

Thank you for passing on Cincopa I'll check it out!

• AdminMichael (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Aaron,

All of our templates are 100% editable. You can customize anything that you would like, as well as add code to any of the templates.

We have a number of 3rd party widgets as well, already located in the studio. In the elements panel, you can scroll down to the Plugins/Widgets area. Here you can find many differnt 3rd party elements that are easily integrated into your site.

If you are looking for more sliders, I would also suggest taking a look at Cincopa. They have many amazing sliders to choose from, and can be easily embedded into Webydo.

I saw you mentioned video embed - you are able to use the Webydo video element to upload Youtube/Vimeo videos onto your site.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact support either via live chat or email.

support@webydo.com

Thank you!

Alana
    The Webydo Team
    Support & Training Manager

Feedback and Knowledge Base