Join the Discussion:

Webydo Store, more details please?

I'd like to make a request for a webydo representative to explain the details of their new in-house commerce package? The info provided isn't clear enough with little to no important detail, and I'd really like a list of what exactly we are receiving for what we pay? Not only that how does it compare to other turnkey solutions such as shopify for example. I'd like to see unique selling points as well; why is the webydo e-commerce platform better then the rest, why should we use it over others?

Further more, it currently looks as though we are paying extra for a store design that we can't technically design on without paying the fees. This is not acceptable imo, because it puts us at the mercy of the client. If there is a robust catalog for example, that may take up to 6 months in preparation, then should I ask my client to pay the monthly fees while the store is being built, all while they aren't selling or making money? Please consider revising this model (as your competitors have) as soon as possible?

Also, we need to include more powerful and up to date features, such as the ability to build a robust, easy-to-use sorting menu, with check boxes for categories, attributes, and options. Any catalog over a 100 products will typically need this type of functionality. It is in webydo's best interest to step it up imo. Is this or other modern solutions going to be implemented within the platform?

Thank you for your time...

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got it thanks! As far as the Ecwid Apps go will they work with our webydo stores?

• AdminMichael (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaron,

I'm going to try and consolidate all my answers into one comment.

1. The trial limit is there because that is how we decided to do it. If we find that we need to change it in the future, we may. Currently the store is in [Beta] and there will be many changes coming in the following weeks.

2. We do not charge for hosting of the store, nor do we add on any extra fees for the payment processor. The payment processor that you choose charges you, not Webydo. That is what I meant, I'm sorry if it was confusing. But Shopify will charge you, not for the processor itself but for the ability to use credit cards on your online store.

3. The way cancellations work are this: You may cancel at any time. If it is before a renewal payment, we will stop the payment. If it is after a renewal, we cannot issue a refund. It's your choice if you prefer monthly or yearly. But we cannot give partial refunds on plans cancelled within a year.

4. Here is a link for the article on importing products:
    http://knowledgebase.webydo.com/All-Articles-/875982272/How-do-I-import-a-list-of-products-to-my-store.htm

To attach images into the file, simply place the link to the image into the cell. It has nothing to do with the Media Library in Webydo. It's explained within the article in more depth. If you do not have the files already hosted, you can upload them directly into the Control Panel of the store.

Here is a sample file: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/208079105-Importing-products#Attachment

I hope this answered all of your questions.

Alana

Oh almost forgot, all details are left out on uploading catalog files to the store in the knowledge base: is there a csv file template somewhere that shows us how to layout our catalogs? Looking for something that shows examples of product listings, with any and every variable (i.e. options, categories, attributes, pricing, sale pricing, product descriptions, etc, etc).

Also, how do we attach product photography to a csv file in this platform? Normally this would be done by first uploading the photos to a host media library and then including the link in the csv file, however with the webydo platform and media library functionality, I'm not sure exactly how to go about it?

I have read all of the knowledge bas multiple times for the new commerce option. What I meant by it not being clear is there are a lot of small details not there. One for example is your single sentence on cancelling a subscription:

"Can I cancel my subscription?

You can cancel your store's subscription for a paid account at any time."

Does this mean if we choose the annual payment and we cancel before the year is up we loose the money? Or does it mean that we can cancel if the account is paid up-to-date? It's not clear... If it means we loose our money by cancelling before a year is up then it really doesn't give much incentive to choose the annual payment option if that's the case?

Alana, I just wanted to point out that there's a reason to have a free store option, and thats so we can finish designing the store before launching and paying for it. You guys have integrated ecwids model into webydo to the T with this exception.

My concerns are really based around the fact that I have many ecommerce projects in process right now and I really want to bring them through this but it's very hard to justify without the free option... I don't want an extended trial, I want the ability to pay for the store when it's ready not before.

Ecwid pricing: https://www.ecwid.com/pricing
    Ecwid filter API: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207807925-Product-Filters-API

That model just doesn't make sense... Also, there are the same additional fees as shopify except in a different way. Shopify includes cc fees, payment processing fees, and hosting fees all with in their packages, webydo does not... In fact it's hard to understand why the store itself is worth of any kind of monthly payment considering we will then have to pay additional for hosting and payment processing. So I'm still unclear on what we are paying for?? What does the store do exactly?

Alana, I don't really understand the trial period though? Why put a time limit on the design? Like I said it can take a long time to have a store ready for launch. It's an easy fix to allow us to build a store without it being able to be functional rather then taking away our ability to finish the store for launch?

• AdminMichael (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Aaron,

We have a complete knowledge base on the store, where you can find answers for everything. You can find it here: http://knowledgebase.webydo.com/The-Webydo-Store/

As for payment, all you pay for is the store itself. It's one of the things separating us from the rest. Webydo does not take any additional fees for the store once purchased. In addition, you are able to design your store directly in the site. No need to add code or anything. I see you mentioned shopify in your post. Shopify can be a great solution, however they charge you extra fees and in addition do not allow you to easily embed the store into another platform. The stores are meant to be hosted by them.

You have a trial period for the store, where you can design it and show it to your client. So that you do not have to pay before showing it to your client. We understand your concern, which is why we offer this trial period. However, we will not be able to extend that trial for you once the store is created.

The robust sorting menu you mentioned at the end is not currently a feature available with the store. The Webydo store is powered by Ecwid, and so we cannot offer any features that they do not already offer. However, I will suggest them to add this, as it's a great feature.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Alana
    The Webydo Team
    Support & Training Manager

Feedback and Knowledge Base