Join the Discussion:

Blog Functionality

The blog is missing a lot of functionality and it's a struggle to quickly create content

Need templates:
I need to recreate my templates everytime

URL's optimized
There are no categories/or subpage content abilitites
Why are we still dealing with .html at the end.

Page titles/urls/seo editable inside the blog post not the main editor interface. It's just making more work to go to a completely different part of the site to manage this stuff.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminMichael (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Updates get posted on our Participate page and within your Studio in the Pop Up window.

We do not currently have any major updates specifically for the blog, but I do know we have some great things planned.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alana,
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's a bit complex of a work around. Do you have a sense of the timeline for the blog? It's a pretty big missing right now.

• AdminMichael (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello David,

When working with the main blog elements, it works as a template. Meaning, if you change the size of the image or the location it will do the same for all your posts. However when adding new elements, it adds them as if it were a regular page .These are not being added as blog elements. If you want to use these elements as a template, create your layout - once done duplicate the page in Pages & Navigation instead of creating a new blank post. It will copy your template and you can make any changes to your content that you want.

To edit the URL's go into the page settings. Each blog post is just a page in your site, so edit it the way you normally would.

We will be working on updating the blog so it works more intuitively, it is currently still in BETA.

Thank you for your feedback.

Alana
    The Webydo Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base