Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminMichael (Forum Admin, Webydo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you so much for that post!
    It was great, and very well written.

Here is a link to our Knowledge Base article that explains how to create anchor links.

http://knowledgebase.webydo.com/Design-Like-A-Pro-/52333790/The-Anchor-Link-Feature.htm

As an addition, here are some tips.

1. When creating an anchor link, it's often easier to bring in a new shape instead of using existing elements. This will allow you to adjust the anchors to exactly where you want the page to scroll.

2. When using a new shape, I always place mine along the X axis of the site, so I can easily find them after I set them to be transparent.

3. The site will scroll to the top of the anchor element. If you have a fixed navigation bar at the top, you will need to take that into consideration when placing the anchor. The anchor will scroll to the top underneath the pinned navigation, so you will want to place the anchor higher on the page.

Hope this helps! If you need any more assistance, please contact support@webydo.com

Alana
    The Webydo Team
    Support & Training Manager

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a single page site, you will want the top nav to take you to a section of the site. I didn't see it in the instructions, but this is how it worked for me.

1. Go to the area where you want to create the anchor.
    - field or background works better than a text box since the text will travel all the way up to the nav bar.
    2. Right click the area and set it as an anchor. Give it a name and SAVE.
    3. Go to your PAGES window and select the NAV TOPIC link you want to connect to the anchor.
    4. Click on the GEAR. The window will provide a drop down menu where you will want to identify the link as an ANCHOR.
    5. Another drop down menu will appear, where you will find the ANCHOR name you just created.
    6. Select. Save. Publish. I think you will only find it working in the publish mode?

This worked for me.
    If anyone has a better way of single page NAV/ANCHOR, let me know.

• Lawrence Konieczny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nellie,
    I made a one page site using anchor links. Make something an anchor first, then select something else and you know how you "link to" something? You can select anchor from the drop down. Choose the right one and when you can click on that thing it will take you straight down to the anchor you made earlier.

Feedback and Knowledge Base